Effective May 05, 2015
Changes to the Policy
We collect personally identifiable information about you when you provide information during purchases of goods and services from FOCUSfactor, when you make requests of us, and when you register to receive materials. The categories of personal information collected in these instances may include your name, address, email address, phone number, and credit or debit card account information.
In some instances, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift for shipment to someone else either on one of the websites or offline, you may need to provide the recipient's name, address, email address, and phone number information to deliver the gift.
This information may be used in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as compiling statistics, customizing content, and designing our websites. We may share such non-personally identifiable information with our affiliates, licensees and partners.
No Information Collection from Minors
Our websites are intended for adults. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian. If the parent or guardian of a minor believes that the minor has provided us with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian of that minor should contact us through the Contact Us link on the website if they want this information deleted from our files so that it is not in retrievable form. If we otherwise obtain information that we have personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 13 in retrievable form in our files, we will delete that information from our existing files so that it is not retrievable.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personally identifiable information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, FOCUSfactor may use the information you provide to fulfill your request for a product, information, or other service, or to respond to an email, telephone call or other request, as well as to deliver to you our newsletters or surveys, communications containing product information, usage tips or promotions or to improve the websites.
We may also share your personal information with the following:
- Other websites owned by FOCUSfactor and other companies in the FOCUSfactor Corporate Family so that we can provide joint content and services (including but not limited to transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to provide you with information about products and services available at these other websites.
- Carefully selected vendors, business partners and other organizations whose products or services we think may interest you (our “Affiliates").
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations, including fulfilling orders, credit card processors, delivering packages, and providing promotional services and marketing.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement agencies, governmental officials or other third parties, but only in response to a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity. In such events, we may disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, and purchasing history.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails or newsletters from FOCUSfactor or its Affiliates by following the instructions in those emails. You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails or newsletters from FOCUSfactor by contacting us through the Contact Us link on the website. If you wish to no longer receive emails from one of our Affiliates, you should contact that Affiliate. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account or our ongoing business relations.
You can access all of your personally identifiable information that we collect online by logging into your account. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in information we may have collected offline, such as by telephone, by sending us a request. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Our site may include third party advertising and links to other websites. These third party websites and advertisers, or Internet advertising companies working on their own behalf, sometimes use technology to send, directly to your browser, advertisements that appear on our website. To learn more about interest-based advertising, and opting out, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/consumers. Note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. In addition, note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of FOCUSfactor who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding twelve calendar months. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
7850 Ruffner Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Attn: California Privacy Rights
7850 Ruffner Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
7850 Ruffner Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.